Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sitting in Starbucks Blogging & Listening to Jazz....Hooray for Fitting Stereotypes!

I had to come up to Indy today to see a dentist about my stupid jaw/wisdom teeth. Why all the way in Indy? I figured you'd ask that. My mom wanted me to go to someone that we knew, and my high school guidance counselor's son has a dental practice off of 86th street in Indy.....so I went there. I mean, it's working out ok. I'm sitting in Starbucks, finished some homework, now blogging and then I'm gonna do some shopping......I had to brave the dentist this morning so I deserve to shop a little bit :)

Then I'm headed to Zionsville for the night.....I mean, since I'm up here I might as well ;)

It's really strange how different the people are in this Starbucks than the ones in Bloomington. The majority of the people sitting around on computers, reading newspapers, waiting for clients, etc are well dressed businessmen....one who commented on my Sperrys....he's totes frat. Aside from the businessmen, there are 2 ladies chatting (loudly) in the corner comfy chairs and one random lady playing Angry Birds....because of that fact, we could totally be bffs.

Bloomington Starbucks are almost segregated it seems.....the IMU is predominantly people in between classes and holding office hours, but most coffee drinkers just grab a latte in between classes and head out. The Indiana Ave. Sbux .....

Hold up...random thought.....good lord this guy has huge teeth....like....seriously....ok, have y'all ever seen the episode of Family Guy with Nigel Pinchley the Brit who moves in and takes over the Clam?.....here's his picture
No shiz, this guy looks EXACTLY like him. it's eerie......I'm not creepy enough to take a picture to put side-by-side for a comparison....did I think about it? Yeah....briefly......bahahahaha :)

Anyway, back to my Starbucks rant. The Indiana Avenue one is mostly grad/law school students and I'm super mad they're not open 24 hours anymore....just an fyi-sies......

The one on the bypass never has anywhere to sit and has been nicknamed "The Asian Starbucks" by my roommate.....because that's all you ever see there.

Hmmm......I certainly hope they don't have a limit as to how long you can chillax at the Sbux......because I'm A) unbelievably comfy in this overstuffed leather chair and B) feel if I started shopping 3 hours before heading to Patrick's I could get myself in trouble.....especially because stop numero uno is a shoe outlet.....HELLOOOOOOOOO Lovies :)

I'll get up.....eventually.......I mean, I DID spend the first 30 minutes I was here doing calculus homework and I'm currently doing research for my violin lessons this summer so.....I'm being productive? Yes....

OMG the guy that just sat down across from me looks SO much like my grandpa.....I may cry.....legitimately I may cry......not ok not ok not ok not ok.........he's even wearing black velcro shoes.....I feel the need to hug him just to feel like I'm hugging my grandpa again, but that seems ungodly creepy.

Ok so since I'm on the verge of a potential sobfest I should probably wrap this rambling blog up and head to the shoe store.....which right now seems like the lesser of 2 evils lol

Until tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment